Thursday, June 18, 2009

Mera Baarath Mahaan

On Tuesday as usual I was going to my work place, I boarded a bus at central and when I was boarding I could hear a co passenger (a middle aged woman) telling another woman “why don’t you let her sit she has to carry even her baby”, and the other lady who was sitting replies, “so what can I do, everybody has some or the other problems, even I can’t stand let her ask someone else to let her sit”. I got busy in getting my ticket and once done I realized how my shoulders were going numb.. yaar my Laptop (If only we r paid to carry our laptops too :-( ) I asked the lady sitting nearby if she can keep my laptop until I get down, and immediately with no pause or hesitations the lady responds “no no I cant hold such heavy load, you give it to someone else”, I just stared at her (to the core that if I had powers I would have burnt her to ashes) and I realized this is the same lady who dint let the other poor lady to sit who was carrying her kid. It is so weird that being a woman she dint understand the pain of other, and even as a normal and minimal human tendency to help was missing so much abrupt in her. We ladies, especially in India are said kind hearted, always compared to flowers, chillness, delicate and so on. But the real fact is what I experienced yesterday. And still we say “Mera Baarath Mahaan”

No comments:

Post a Comment